Thursday, December 23, 2010

Time to Decide

Well as it seems to happen every year I am behind on my scheduled sewing projects.  I find it a bit hard to make space to feed the family, bake Christmas goodies and sew all on the same table.  I have been making fudge and neglecting the sewing.  I had intended to have Christmas pj's sewn for all of us, but it just isn't going to happen.  I don't like to have unfinished projects but at some point I have to tell myself that I am still human. " My magic wand is out of batteries" as my mother in law would say.  I was also going to have crayon rolls for the 3 kids and only 1 is done, well mostly, I still have to sew a button on it, I can hope I remember to do that.  Of course I also need a few shirts for myself and haven't done that either.  We bought another trailer to attach to this one, so eventually I will have a sewing room again.  Its small but it is better than the table, at least I don't have to worry about spilled juice on fabric.  But getting them mated together has been a project, with the temps down below zero and my hubby and my dad sick, things have been put on hold.  I am also cooking Christmas dinner for the family, which of course its wonderful to be near again but it will be quite the crowd.  I hate to use anything store bought, i always make my own pies and crust and rolls and breakfast foods etc... but I have also come down with this cold and am feeling like store bought might be the way to go.  I have to make the decision to keep my sanity.  Right?  But I should be Superwoman or something, I want to be, its my need for perfection.  I have also cleaned house 2 times today to be followed right behind by 2 crazy boys who make it seem as I have done nothing.  So I am not going to pick up things until the last minute before dinner, otherwise it will be a constant battle.  Anyhow I don't mean to be a scrooge, its not my intention but I need to write down how I am feeling and let it go.  I am very excited to get to spend Christmas with my family all together, its been a long time.  I think mostly I need sleep, so I guess that is what I will do next. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my readers!

No comments: