Wednesday, March 31, 2010
My final project for the Dress making and design class!
Well I have finally finished my final project for my dress making and design class. The outfit is one for my daughter for easter. Initially we were supposed to be attending the White House easter egg roll but alas somebody on base messed up and we didn't get our tickets. I wanted her to be pretty and frilly but modest at the same point, she can be quite the tomboy when she wants. I saw this design in the Ottobre design magazine, the 2/05 issue and fell in love. The original pattern was for a linen fabric but I decided to step it up and do something a little bit different with both a cotton print and a poly nylon blend. Hannah helped me choose the fabrics. The print is a Debbie Mumm that I had in my stash, it was a good choice because it wasn't just an easter print so she will be able to wear this outfit for many occasions. And we matched the fabric to the poly nylon with the floral embellishments. Instead of using velcro I used polyacetal resin snaps, I just don't trust velcro to hold and it always seems to be itchy. The dragonfly buttons were also a perfect addition to the top. I was thrilled at how well the zipper turned out! The pants have an elastic waist and a functional drawstring. Maybe its just me but I hate non functional drawstrings, kind of defeats the purpose. Anyhow I think my seams turned out beautifully as well. It helps that I have about the cutest daughter in the world to model too! So here are the pics. I know you have been just dying to see them all. And there are lots, she was having fun modeling!