Thursday, February 25, 2010

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas....make that any day!

I love hippos.  I am not really sure why, but I think its because our adopted family Christmas song is "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas".  In searching last year for hippo fabrics to make matching christmas pj's I realized there was a serious shortage in hippo fabric.  I ended up buying the Ikea red and green hippos and making pjs and that was great but I would have loved to have a variety.  Well there are some japanese fabrics with hippos but they are very very expensive. Soooo on to today. Another mama on sewing mamas was asking where to find hippo fabrics so I shared the dismal information I had on the subject.  Then I thought, why don't I design some hippo fabric. DUH!  Ok So I spent the afternoon playing with Illustrator and ended up with a darling hippo fabric. I even drew the hippos, no clipart for me.  I love how it turned out, call me biased but its cute, and its hippos. I started with just bright hippos in outline with no background color, then I added a couple of background options.  It will be for sale through spoonflower as soon as I get the proofs.  Now enjoy the view and have a hippopotamus.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: