Friday, February 7, 2014

Dancing Horses Cross Body Bag

Since I am heading on vacation soon I realized that I needed a bag that I could wear across my body, that held my kindle, wallet, passport and other little items.  I decided to just wing it with the pattern since I didn't have any that were large enough.  Well as usually winging it has its issues :)  I used a stiff stabilizer because I didn't want a floppy bag and it made turning it a bit of a nightmare. I attached the lining and the body of the bag with bias tape.  Which worked well except I hadn't planned for straps, so I just ended up sewing them on after.  Not quite as nice of a finished look but still functional.  It has a big open pocket on the front as well as a large zipper pocket and my kindle fits great in the main compartment.  Of course I used one of my most hoarded fabrics, Dancing Horses by Laurel Burch.  It pained me to even cut into it.  But I have realized I will get to see the fabric more if I actually use it instead of leaving it in a drawer.  I am hoping to have a chance to whip up a simple wallet for the trip too but I am not sure I will have time.  Due to our crazy cold temps (-41 with -60 windchill yesterday) we have frozen pipes on one half of our house and I will have to haul laundry in order to wash it.....I am really ready for spring!




No comments: