Friday, February 27, 2015

P&B Textile Design Competition Entry

After much stress, designing and decisions I finally decided which color and design to submit for the P&B Textiles and Pattern Observer Textile Design Competition.  I was determined I wanted diagonal stripes for the coordinate, how hard could they be right???? Well it was a steep learning curve due in part to my older version of Photoshop.  I did however find a fantastic video tutorial for help in getting this finished. Illustratoring has lots of other great classes and tutorials as well. http://www.illustratoring.com/illustrator-diagonal-stripe-pattern-tutorial/ . The main floral pattern is from flower photos taken in my moms garden. I prefer to use my own images and photos in all my designs. I tried to use colors that were picked popular for spring 2015 and that would be bright and pretty.  I had several colorways and designs I really loved but finally narrowed it down to this one. So here it is :)  Now to wait to hear who the top 10 are by the 13th of March!

No comments: