Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mama Skirt

I got some new Ottobre patterns in the mail before our vacation last weekend and I couldn't wait to try some out. I have used the childrens Otto before but not the womens. For those who are wondering what in the world I am talking about you can check out the site here. I am always so hesitant with patterns for myself because nine times out of ten it doesn't fit after its all done, despite measurements. I did the flared skirt from the 02/07 magazine and it actually turned out pretty good. I just used cheap fabric and didn't line it because I wanted to see what it was like before going to all that work. Amazingly enough it was actually a bit big, but with a minor adjustment it should be great. Yay! Now I just need to find some fabric from my stash that I want to use. Its not a great pic because it is a bit big and I was using the self timer, ughh.

No comments: